Car Accidents Lawyers
Car Accident Lawyers Gordon and Gordon in Shreveport, Bossier City and Mansfield Louisiana
Helping those who have been injured due to the fault of another in a car accident.
When a car accident is serious enough to cause fatal or severe injuries, or if alcohol was involved, the state will probably prosecute the driver who was at fault. But for all other car accidents, you, the other driver, and your insurance companies may be left to deal with medical bills and car repair expenses. Often, these issues are ultimately resolved in court with the help of experienced personal injury or car accident lawyers.
What causes a car accident?
- Driver distraction, fatigue, or intoxication
- Recklessness or deliberately-dangerous driving, including “road rage”
- Driver inexperience, including accidents caused by young drivers
- Mechanical or design failures in a vehicle or any of its parts
- Speeding or other traffic law violations
- Dangerous or badly-designed roadways
- Inclement weather resulting in wet or slippery roads or poor visibility
What steps should you take following a car accident?
1. Move to a safe area before you stop the vehicle if you can
If moving your car isn’t possible, flip on your hazards to warn other drivers that your vehicle isn’t going anywhere. Take a moment to catch your breath. Check to make sure it’s safe to get out of your car before opening the door.
2. Check on others involved in the car accident.
Check on all the other parties involved, including drivers, passengers, and pedestrians around to make sure that nobody is injured. Call 911 immediately if anyone may be injured at the scene. Even a seemingly minor symptom like dizziness or slight pain should be checked out by a health care professional to make sure there is no internal injury.
3. Call the police to the scene of the car accident.
Even in minor accidents, a police accident report can prove invaluable when dealing with your car insurance company and other drivers. Cooperate fully with the officers, but avoid admitting fault or blaming others while at the scene. Let the police objectively judge events and determine who, if anyone, is at fault in the crash.
4. Gather information.
- Driver and passenger names
- License plate numbers
- Insurance information
- Makes and models of all vehicles involved
- Contact information of any witness to the accident
- The name and badge number of any responding police officers
5. File your insurance claim.
Call your insurance provider from the scene of the car accident, or file it through your smartphone. If you aren’t sure who to call, check your insurance ID card for your insurer’s contact information.
Why should you hire a car accident lawyer?
While the services we provide to our clients are extensive, the types of claims we handle are highly focused on those resulting from Louisiana auto accidents or other personal injuries.
We believe that focusing our practice on Louisiana motor vehicle accident claims makes us much more effective. Through the years, we have established a high level of credibility handling personal injury claims throughout the Arklatex. This experience and industry saturation means that insurance adjusters take us seriously- knowing that when we make a personal injury claim, we’re prepared to prove fault in pursuit of the compensation our clients are entitled to.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident, call Car Accident Injury Attorneys Gordon and Gordon at 318-716-HELP right away to get them working for you.