Personal Injury Law Firm in Shreveport, Bossier, & Mansfield, LA
Helping those who have been personally injured due to the fault of another.
When a person is injured as a result of another person’s negligence, the injured party may pursue a claim against the party or parties that caused the injuries. You are entitled to compensation for your injuries if it is found that a defendant was negligent and that such negligence was a cause of your personal injury.
Any personal injury case will primarily depend on liability, damages, and whether or not you are able to collect from the negligent party or parties. Louisiana has adopted the legal doctrine of what is known as “comparative negligence.” In all cases except those of intentional tort resulting in personal injury, a claimant’s recovery is reduced by his/her percentage of fault (if any) that is found during the investigation.
What are some of the primary causes of personal injuries in Louisiana?
- Car Accidents -Total crashes in the state of Louisiana amounted to 6,804 fatalities between 2005 and 2012 with 722 in the year 2012 alone. Distracted driving, speeding, and alcohol consumption are a few of the contributing factors to car accidents. Our experienced personal injury attorneys can seek compensation for your medical expenses in the event of a car accident in Louisiana.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Between 8 and 10% of all fatal auto accidents are Louisiana motorcycle accidents. These crashes typically involve persons aged 20 to 29. The highest year for fatalities was 2006, with 95 reported deaths statewide. Motorcycle registrations have risen significantly over the past several years, meaning that more motorcyclists are on the road. Our motorcycle accident lawyers can take the stress out of your case and fight for what you deserve.
- 18-Wheeler Accidents – Due to the basic laws of physics, big rig accidents often result in serious, or even fatal, injuries. These accidents can be worsened by hazardous or flammable freight that is sometimes carried by these commercial vehicles. Please seek medical attention before contacting an experienced personal injury lawyer.
- Wrongful Death – It can seem impossible to think clearly after a family member’s death. In the face of such emotional trauma, it is difficult to consider the financial implications of the loss. Often, a wrongful death puts an entire family’s finances in jeopardy – especially when the deceased is a primary source of income.
- Construction Accidents – Construction injuries can have devastating consequences due to the nature of the work. Always observe your workplace safety precautions and wear a helmet as required. Worker’s Compensation claims are complex and can be very stressful, especially when you are hurt and trying to recover from a workplace injury.
- Oil Field Accidents – Because of the frequent oil & gas industry developments in nearby areas, these types of accidents are actually quite common in Northwest Louisiana. If you are injured on the job during an oil field accident, while completing your assigned duties or possibly even in a car accident while working, you may have a worker’s compensation claim. Contact our personal injury lawyers to find out more.
- Workplace / On-The-Job Accidents – Construction injuries, oil field injuries, and other on-the-job injuries can have devastating consequences. It is also likely that your only source of recovery might be a workers compensation claim. Be sure to always observe your workplace safety precautions and wear a helmet as required. If you are injured while on-the-job, please seek immediate medical attention and contact our law firm for assistance with applying for workers’ compensation or other personal injury damages.
Personal injury law encompasses a wide range of injuries. In the event of an injury, it’s extremely important that you act quickly and provide all necessary information including any related case evidence. Strict deadlines, known as “statutes of limitations,” apply to injury claims and require you to file before the deadline. Our personal injury attorneys offer free case consultations, so there is no financial risk to you for seeking help.
Why should you hire a local personal injury lawyer?
Studies have shown that the average person can receive a settlement 3.5x larger when receiving legal assistance from a personal injury lawyer than doing it on their own. While the services we provide to our clients are extensive, the types of claims we handle are highly focused on those resulting from a wide range of Louisiana personal injury events. We believe that focusing our practice on Louisiana injury claims makes us much more effective. Through the years, we have established a high level of credibility handling personal injury claims throughout Shreveport, Bossier, Mansfield, as well as the entire Arklatex. This experience and industry saturation means that insurance adjusters take us seriously – knowing that when we make a claim, we’re prepared to prove fault in pursuit of the compensation our clients are entitled to.
Our personal injury lawyers have helped clients receive compensation for many claims including:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Head Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Fractured Bones
- Extensive Cuts and Bruises
- Wrongful Death
If you or a loved one have recently suffered an injury, call the experienced Louisiana personal injury attorneys Gordon and Gordon at 318-716-HELP right away to get them working for you. We will provide a free consultation to help you consider your options for your important case.